Monday, July 5, 2010

Two Challenges in One

So, Ted over at Happily Ever Crafter (such a smart play on words, that) posted his new challenge: Red, White, and Blue in honor of Old Glory.

This dovetailed nicely with Karen's "Sparkle and Shine" challenge for the Card Olympics (private MB, sorry), which also required red, white, and blue plus some SPARKLE and SHINE. I'm a fan of the sparkly.

I came up with this, a much nicer card than I envisioned going in. (The coloring turned out really well.) I think it is one of my new favorites.

Photobucket

Supplies: patterned paper (Papertrey Ink, Stampin' Up); stamp (CC Designs' Puppy Kiki La Rue); felt heart (Chatterbox); gems (Bazzill); deckle rectangle die (Spellbinders); stickles , white gel pen (Ranger); chai tea dye ink (Papertrey Ink).

3 comments:

Ted said...

Emily, this is adorable! You're a really good colorer (is that a word? :) ) I love the little dog at her feet and the felt heart in the corner is perfect. Well done! Thanks for taking part in my challenge!

Luv2talk said...

I like this one. The sparkly headband and the BLING give it just the right amount of pizzaz!

LOVE IT!

Scrapthat said...

The coloring is great! :)