Monday, July 26, 2010

Christmas in July

Another challenge I found via the Papertrey Ink forum is Jill's Christmas in July challenge. So, I made a card. (Because remember-- I like free stuff.)

I wish I could take credit for this card's layout. I also wish I could remember who sent me the original. Pretty sure it was someone from Splitcoast, around the holidays when we were doing a PIF thread or wish thread or something. I did KIND OF make it my own-- I put glimmer mist on the die cut and a gemstone on a snowflake (which you can barely see, I know). But it was an AWESOME layout, readily adapted.

Now, I also knew that I was going to have to make a Christmas card for the card olympics... with NO RED in it. Fortunately, I had appropriate patterned paper. (Can someone tell me why, when I write the word "patterned," I ALWAYS spell it patterened first?)

Anyhow, here ya go. Finished Christmas card. In July. And since I'm STILL trying to figure out how to get really great pictures, I'll tell you that the mat for the reindeer is brown IRL.

Photobucket


Supplies: cardstock (Bazzill); patterned paper, sentiment stamp (Memory Box); reindeer stamp, glitter, top note die, twine (Stampin' Up); button (American Crafts); gem (Swarovski); ink (memento by Tsukineko).

5 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Emily! Thank you so much for joining in on my Christmas in July challenge! I am so happy to have you! I love your card--you're right, that is a great layout. I will be stealing it, LOL! Beautiful card in beautiful colors, and what a glorious reindeer stamp. I don't know how someone could look at it and not feel festive. :-)

Teresa said...

Beautiful card! I love how you highlighted the deer antlers.

Unknown said...

I love this card.. it is amazing. I am just not ready to think about snow and winter :( Please come and visit my blog too!

Jessica Lynn
http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/

Luv2talk said...

Not my favorite, although, I see you did use your own BOW TYING technique on this one. (Looks great!) I like the STICKLES on the antlers, nice touch.

Unknown said...

Thank you Emily.. I did draw all of the digis on my website :)

Have a great day!
Jess