For this month's Blog Hop we are focusing on office supplies! We want to see you incorporate all of those fun desk drawer fillers into your paper crafting projects. This can include paper clips, binder clips, rubber bands, file folders, staples, binder rings, adhesive labels, post-it notes, index cards or whatever else you can dream up. Reinvent these basic office staples to be hip and trendy additions to your projects! We look forward to seeing your creations!
Well, come on. I am neither hip nor trendy. And now that I think about it, the only REAL office supplies I have are in my actual office and really cannot come home with me... how am I gonna do this?
(It's also been a weird crafty weekend here. I don't know what exactly went awry, but crafting was mostly frustrating this weekend. Hate that. Nothing was turning out the way I wanted it to, and this final project is NOT what I had envisioned. Nevertheless, I'm reasonably satisfied with this card. And even if I were not so satisified, I've got posting to do and stamps to win, kwim?)
So, I picked up a package of little labels. They say "OFFICE" right on them and I got them in the OFFICE aisle, so they count, yes? I bought them for another purpose, but I like cards where there are three of the same image, often in color variation, and these I knew were small enough for a card front, so I decided to start from these.

I'll spare you the story of all the work that came before this final project got assembled and all the tags I had to remake. Hmph.

I was initially going to use a cupcake stamp but the original hybrid inks weren't working (the tags are a slick, coated paper), so I switched to the pigment style and embossed them with clear powder. THAT looks really neat, like enamel on these tags. And I used copics to color my staples, although I realize you probably can't see that in this picture. This would have been a good project for bitty dots ribbon (because it's thinner), but I don't have that.
You'll also notice my bling. I love bling. If you're paying attention, I think I've got some on all the projects on the blog. I have aspirations of doing a post at some point down the road about my love affair with bling, complete with giveaway. I just don't know when. Anyhow, it is a maxim of my cardmaking that BLING MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER.
Thanks for hopping by!
Supplies: all from Papertrey Ink except the tags; white CS (the PaperCut); gems (Swarovski); embossing powder (Filigree); Nestabilities label die (for sentiment) and staples (Swingline, I think); and black ink (Memento by Tsukineko). PTI supplies: true black CS, bitty dot basics 2008 paper, Asian Fusion stamp set, fresh snow satin ribbon, and ink and ribbon in Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, and Simply Chartreuse.
40 comments:
I have those same tags Emily! This turned out great, I may have to copy you! Love how bright and cheery it is.
Emily, these are perfect...great use of the staples hand-colored! :)
Love these colors together! Looks great!
So cute! I always seem to forget how great the images in Asian Fusian are. Very creative.
Super fun! What a great color combo too!
So adorable! I love how those colors pop off the card.
cute....love the use of those tags
Well, VERY CUTE & VERY CLEVER!!! Love it!!!
beautiful card.. love all the bright colors!
This is very cute and creative, and an idea I will definitely be copying because I have a box of these tags!
Great way to pretty up common tags!
Emily, this is so clever!! LOVE everything...the colors, the layout, the staples and of course the fact that you used Asian Fusion *wink*! Thank you for that!
Adorable!!!! Love them!!!
So cool! I hate how those tags don't take all kinds of ink :( I had that same issue with them!
Ohh how cute! Great job!
This turned out great! I love the colors!
This is adorable!! I love the fabulous pops of colour! And those tags definitely count as office supplies!! hehe
Fun purchase turned into cute card! I love it! Awesome job!
Your post made me giggle! this is soooo fun and fresh! LOVE the bright colors, and yes, bling does indeed, make everything better!!
This is such a fun, vibrant card! Love it!
Love it! The colors are fantastic!
Cute!! Very fun looking card!
What a fun way to use those tags!! And, yes, I'd say they count! :)
Great concept, great card. Love the repetition of the tags and the fun colors!
Oh my word, I think this project turned out stunningly well! Those colors are striking and such a great layout and use of tags! I want my projects that don't turn out well to turn out as well as this one did.
Love this idea. So nice.
This is TOO cute! LOVE the tags!
Well done! I love your card using the tags to dress it up. Very pretty!
Super cute!
Cute, cute, cute! I was reading your post and thinking, "Wow, what on earth is this card going to look like?" and then POW! a picture of a great card came into view! VERY clever idea with the tags, and great execution of your idea!
What a great card--I love the tags, the ribbon, the staples--it totally stands out!
Wow, love how these turned out! The striking colors are fabulous and how clever to do painted staples!
Love the way your colours pop on here - so striking!
Beautiful colors! Loove the tagss. Love your card. TFS!
Great colors and design, Emily! Love the tags and your card!
This is stunning! I really love the colors - and to think you didn't think you could be trendy?
So pretty! I love the colors with the black base! And the colored staples are such a great idea!
Love this card! The tags are so cute!
Very cool! love the colors too.
No doubt, my comment will be lost among the 100's of BLOG HOPPERS posting here, and since I don't BLOG anyway...well, let's just say I like your card, BLING and all, and leave it at that.
Post a Comment