Quick cards are not my strong suit. It takes too long for me to decide what to use and pull out all my supplies. Today, though, I not only made a card in the time limit, but I was pretty happy when I finished.
I started with a PRECUT card flat (bar4 size, I think, from Archiver's). $2 for a pack of ten, which is a little foolish when you realize you have a whole ream of white cardstock at home. However, it's just about the right size for an A2 card front (that you are going to stamp and mat and put on the A2 card) so I was going for convenience, not savings.
I used my Flourishes ZINNIAS set. I used my memento dew drop inks in Tangelo, Rhubarb Stalk, and Bamboo Leaves to color the stamp. Then I used tuxedo black to stamp the sentiment. I trimmed it slightly (the card was a little too big for the image), inked the edges, and matted it on new leaf cardstock, which I adhered to a (premade) white cardstock base with foam tape. A few burgundy stickles to finish it off!
2 comments:
Turned out beautiful! The coloring without actually coloring is wonderful, very creative. Thanks for playing in Flourisehs Gimme 10 challenge this week.
What a great way to show off the stamp without coloring it all up! I think this is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us gals at Flourishes!
Post a Comment