I am sure mine is not the most original idea, but I just bought some new watercolor pencils (now I have three sets-- that's not bragging so much as a sad commentary on me) and made a reference grid, so I was sort of in the watercolor mood. Except I didn't really want to stamp and color a whole image. Because I'm lazy.
So I stamped this sentiment from Flourishes' HOLLYHOCKS set with Staz-On ink on watercolor paper (my nice precut SU stuff that they did away with for slightly bigger sheets, fewer to a pack, more money). Then I made gradient colored scribbles with pencils from my three sets (CTMH, prismacolor, and stabilo) before getting out a brush and water.
A few clear gems for a little extra touch and... voila. (Not viola, which is both a flower and a musical instrument.)
4 comments:
Love your rainbow themed card and the sheer simplicity!! The sentiment is wonderful over the top of the colour. Thanks so much for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!
I love the rainbow of colour to house the sentiment, great use of the challenge for this card, very nice indeed!
How wonderful! Love how you interpreted the challenge!! Thank you for joining us for the Bring Back Beautiful challenge! xx
Your card is absolutely beautiful! I've tried this technique before, but I can never get a good stamped sentiment when I stamp on the watercolor paper. I'll have to keep trying. :)
Post a Comment