Monday, December 6, 2010

Sugar Bowl Challenge 49

Time for another challenge at the Sugar Bowl, blog home of Sugar Nellie stamps. Hopefully, I am still eligible to win... usually they say the theme is optional (you only have to follow the sketch) but I don't see that now that I have finished the card. Hee hee. Oh, well. Even if not, it was a fun sketch to follow. (I was GONNA do the snowflakes theme, promise, but I was not happy with how my coloring was turning out on the stamp I started with, so I pulled out another stamp.)

Original sketch is at the link above; this is pretty close but I opted not to use a flower/embellishment in the lower left corner of the image block. The fox gives weight to that corner already. Also, they're very tiny but I gave her small pearl buttons on her coat. In case you're lookin' for the bling.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket "Circa 1934" line); image (Foxy from Gorjuss Girl line by Sugar Nellie); markers (Copic); ink (Memento black; chamomile and chai tea dye from Papertrey Ink); ribbon (Papertrey Ink); lace (Prima); pearls (Recollections).

9 comments:

Kelly said...

So cute! I love the pearl buttons!

Karen C. said...

Such a sweet little girl. Love the layers of patterned papers.

Anne B said...

Super cute, Emily. I especially love those buttons :)

Stephanie said...

Very cute, Emily. Your coloring is gorgeous!!!

Michelle said...

Oooo - that strip of lace is lush...and a great choice with the brown in her hair; Ocean Tides and brown and red = yum!

Lorraine said...

Your card is just adorable! I love the Sugar Nellie gorjuss stamps. Your coloring looks great and matches your papers!

Karen C. said...

The little girl is so sweet and our colouring is amazing too. I like the vaariety of papers you used as weel.

Luv2talk said...

The PEARL BUTTONS are so TINY and so PERFECT. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! Love the design of this card, too. The layering of the papers with the lace strip...AWESOME!

(The only thing I don't like is the fox. What the heck is he doing there?)

(That's right, I don't like BIRDS or FOXES.)

Erika said...

Love your colour scheme, beautiful card. Hope you are having a great Christmas. Thank you for taking part in the Sugar Bowl challenge.