Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #94

Yes, I know that today is Wednesday. But Tuesday's when they post the challenge.

This week is a sketch by Cindy Haffner. See it here.

Here's my take on it:
Photobucket

Not much to say except I'm pretty happy that you can see the glimmer mist on this one. Stamp set is Flourishes' Sweet Violets set, trimmed down to the shape. Sentiment from a Hero Arts mini set.

I occasionally get frustrated with myself for being too literal with sketches and never adapting them to make them fresh. But I'm actually a little proud that I committed to cutting down the violet image to make a skinny focal image rather than trying to find a tall and skinny stamp.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Emily!! I love how you stamped the Violets image and used with the sketch! What a brilliant idea!

Rose said...

Beautiful card, I love your shiny wodgrain together with the flowers!!

Silke Ledlow said...

So beautiful Emily!!! Love the colors and the image you used for the Sketch...thank you for joining us!!! Hugs ~S~