Sunday, November 21, 2010

MFT Challenge

So, in October, Splitcoast had a bunch of challenges for the Hope You Can Cling to Challenge. Several of the member companies had their own challenges; this was a card I made for My Favorite Things' challenge to use a die. I didn't have any MFT dies to use, so I used one from Papertrey.

Started with the card base (I think it's ripe avocado) with a lighter layer on top (it's either spring moss or another company's light green). For the next layer, I trimmed it to size, then die cut the shape (mat stack 4). I spritzed it with glimmer mist and ran it through my cuttlebug with the woodgrain impression plate. (The damp paper takes a deeper impression.)

On a sheet of white paper, I stamped the mat stack image (from Everyday Treats) and a sentiment (amuse). When the woodgrain frame was dry (I hit it with the heat gun to speed drying), I mounted the white cardstock behind it, and adhered the panel to the card.

I finished the card with stickles and three gems.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Really pretty! I never thought to spritz my paper before running it through my Big Kick. Thanks for that awesome tip!!!

Kelly said...

Ooohh.. I never thought about the damp paper making a deeper impression! I am definitely going to try that one out!

Jill said...

Even with bling and glimmer, this makes a great masculine card, IMHO! I didn't know about the dampening the paper trick either, Emily. I can't wait to try it, thanks!

Lorraine said...

Ooh, beautiful! Love the colors (love green) and the deeper impression you got by dampening the paper. Looks cool! TFS!

Michelle said...

I love that glimmer...nice addition to the woodgrain to make it more feminine....but I guess it can be for a boy too - unisex, yes! And I love all the greens together too.

Karen C. said...

I love everything about this card - I need to get the wood grain impression plate and the Everyday Treats stamp set. I always have trouble with masculine cards and this one is just perfect! Thanks for the inspiration.

Anne B said...

Love that glimmer - and I must give the damp paper a try with my CB too - sometimes my impression plate impressions are pretty subtle!