Sunday, March 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink March 2012 Blog Hop

With my internet friends all off on vacations of various sorts, I've been left with nothing to do but clean and craft. Today is the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop, and I made a card last night.

It looks a little blurry, I think. Still trying to figure out the new camera-- it's not as "smart" on the smart setting as it thinks. Anyhow, if you click the link above you'll see the inspiration photo. Aqua and yellow are a nice spring combo. I had made a card similar to this at my last crop, but it was pink and grey.

Photobucket

Stamped the big flower in hawaiian shores first. Was gonna paper piece it but didn't like how it looked when I had the die cut on the paper, so I used it to mask when I stamped the yellow flowers. Gems were colored with my copics, added the yellow ribbon tab to perk up the yellow. Sentiment is in kraft, from a Stampin' Up set that's got half a dozen or so great quotes (including one of my favorites: Everything will be all right in the end. If it's not, it's not the end. Or some version thereof). Hawaiian shores and kraft cardstock, chamomile tea dye, and stickles.

Okay, one more project awaits on my desk... and then on to part three of Mockingjay!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Emily. I love the quote that you chose and the bling on the flowers really makes them pop.

PatQ's Cards said...

Really pretty card.

Karen C. said...

Love the clean style of the outline flower stamp ... it looks great in aqua and yellow. The sentiment is really great!!

Renee said...

Beautiful!
Love those blooms...
and fabby bling! :)
Enjoy Mockingjay...
the ending is fabulous! ;)

Jennifer said...

I love the jewels and glitter in the flower centers. It's so pretty.

JJ Bolton said...

So pretty! I love the stickles you added:)

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Soooo beautiful!!!! Just read all the HG books too! I was emotionally exhausted at the end. Hope to see the first movie this week, but I think that they won't be able to capture the Capitol the way I had it in my head.

Viki said...

Great card!

tonyamaries said...

Beautiful card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your background.

Shannon said...

Ooooh, I LOVE your use of the Friends 'Til The End set here! Makes for such a pretty springtime card!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty card! Love the bling and your ribbon tab ;)

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful! I truly love every little thing on it. It's perfect!

Anne B said...

Love your take on the challenge photo. I keep forgetting to colour gems with my copics so thanks for the reminder :)

The Paper Parade said...

This is beautiful! I love the way you masked the flowers, and used the different colored inks to match the inspiration photo :) It is so delicate!

Luv2talk said...

Your masking job is awesome. Totally impressed. I really like this card. It's well balanced.

Nice job.