Since the blog hop will be taking place the day after Christmas, we thought we would hold to our traditional "Holiday Leftovers Challenge". Of course we aren't referring to food, but all of the wrapping paper, bows, ribbon, tags, canceled postage from holiday cards you have received, photos from holiday cards and anything else you might have laying around after the holiday preparations have ended. Your challenge is to use some type of leftover materials to create a project. And if you really want to challenge yourself even further, you can try to create a non-holiday card from your leftovers. We look forward to seeing what you come up with!
I'm gonna confess: I seem to not be very creative. Oh, look, a thank you card made with leftover wrapping paper. Where have I seen that before?
At any rate, this wrapping paper came from Pier One, and it reminded me a bit of PTI's postmarks set. I cut a piece from a larger leftover piece I had sitting around, spritzed it with iridescent gold glimmer mist, and adhered it to dark chocolate cardstock on a craft base inked with chamomile tea dye.
I stamped on it with fresh snow ink and embossed in white, using a sentiment from think big favorites #4. I thought it popped quite nicely with the kraft paper. I gave it a little finish with some star shaped gems from Amuse (pre-direct sales). There are little stars in the paper, so I thought it would go well, but I am thinking of removing the gems. They don't quite match like I thought they might.

So there you have it. If you were planning ahead, as uncreative as I am today, I think this would be something fun if you saved the paper from your gifts that you received (rather than the ones you gave) and used it to make a thank you card for your gift-givers.
18 comments:
I think your card is lovely. I might have to hit up Pier One later today and see if I can find any of that wrapping paper, I love it! And who can resist kraft paper anyway?!
Beautiful, simple card. i like the star gemstones, I think they add just the right amount of bling.
Whaddaya mean? I love it! That is wonderful tissue paper and your additions have complemented it so nicely!
Beautiful and elegant thank you card.
simply stunning
Beautiful paper. If I had seen this at Pier I, I would have snatched it up for sure. Would not have thought to make a card out of it thou. It really turned out stunning. Great idea.
Marcie
love the vintage feel the paper gives the card. so charming....
Wow! This is such a beautiful elegant thank you card! Very nicely done!
Great card - I like the vintage look.
I LOVE that paper and the bling looks great, too! Very vintagy!
You did a great job with this card. Love the gold shimmer.
Beautiful vintage card from your leftovers. This is a really fun hop, isn't it?
Lovely card! That wrapping paper is gorgeous.
I love everything about this card, so pretty. Nice wrapping paper!
Great job. Love the look of the stamped images on the wrapping paper.
Very pretty! The sentiment works great with the wrapping paper!
This looks very elegant.
Lovely vintage look! The subtle shimmer and the embossing really dress up the gift wrap.
I think you've made a lovely card from leftover paper. The spritz of shimmer sounds wonderful and the sentiment in white really works.
Post a Comment