Thursday, September 15, 2011

Flourishes' Colors of Fall Challenge

It's release week at Flourishes and one of the challenges is to incorporate some of Pantone's fall color palette a project!

I've used equivalents of cedar, deep teal, coffee liqueur, and nougat here.

Photobucket

I started with an ATC panel (Strathmore) and stamped it with a grid background from Hero Arts. Then I stamped the blueberries from Flourishes' Berry Sweet in a teal ink. I masked off the blueberries and the top and bottom of the panel and stamped with dark brown ink and a text background stamp.

I was going for a vintage collage look and wasn't sure about coloring in with copics but those lighter colors give it a lovely, bright, translucent feel. Some inking on the edges with my tea dye inks, then mats and embellishments.

ETA: that blue glitter goodness is one of my Best Creations glitter papers. A 12x12 sheet of sparkle that does not. rub. off. Lots of great colors! That reminds me... ought to go to the store where it's on clearance. Hm...

5 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

I really really love how pretty this looks. The stamping in the teal is so pretty! I love the touches of sparkle in he strip too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Flourishes!

Stacy Morgan said...

So pretty, your layout is simple and sweet. I like the sparkly ribbon and the cozy feel this has. Great job. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Fall Fashion Challenge.

Michelle said...

Is that glitter paper or did you do that yourself? I had some glitter paper that I bought at Target...good stuff...just never used it and just got rid of it and now I see this and wish I had it and used little borders like that with it. Ah well. I like the brown with the teal...and your coloring...

Anne B said...

Love those berries stamped in teal and that glitter border too. Clever use of masking too. That's one technique I always seem to struggle with :)

Danielle said...

Love the colors you used and the glitter border is just fabulous!