Monday, June 13, 2011

First of Several

My CTMH rep had her monthly crop this past weekend. It's normally 12-12. I usually am "finished" around 8 or 9, because I run out of ideas and just feel frustrated. In April, I made four cards in the 8 or 9 hours I was there.

This time, I made it all the way to 1030, and got ten cards done. Yay, me!

Here are three of them.

The first two are made with a technique I read about... maybe in one of the UK magazine imports? You use watercolor pencils, dampen the tip, color on your stamp, spritz with water, and stamp. Really nice look, but two things.

1. It stains your stamps something fierce.
2. It makes your leads very soft, so they will break easily if you keep rewetting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The bottom one is on PTI royal velvet CS. It didn't show up very well against my dark background.

The next card is with a swiss pixies stamp from All that Scraps. I'm not sure who made the paper-- it came in a kit, so if you recognize it, I'd love to know where it came from! It's on baja breeze cardstock.

Photobucket

Okay, thanks for looking-- I've got more to share in the coming days (I hope in the coming days, anyhow.) I'm going to try to make the rounds of my fellow Post-Its this week. (You gals are so patient!)

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Ooh Emily, I love the technique you used on the first two cards - I love the look you achieved. Your cards are so lovely! Oh and thanks for sharing the tips - LOL. And your last Swiss Pixie card is adorable!

Jen Adcock said...

Gorgeous cards Emily. The first two look as if they have been watercolored..and to perfection I might add. The cutie-pie at the end is too adorable for words. Loving the plaid. Keep well.

Anne B said...

Wow - marathon effort! Love that technique with the watercolour pencils. Hmm, I think I might just have to give that one a try!

Karen C. said...

Neautiful cards, Emily. The first two are so soft and dreamy!! The little Swiss Pixie is just adorable. Love the background paper u've chosen as well.