Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sugar Bowl Challenge 55

(Want to skip all this chattering and see my card? Click here.)

So, I was off at my CTMH rep's 12-hour crop this weekend. And by 12-hour crop, what I really mean is an 8-hour crop because by 8pm I am generally out of ideas. But I got to pick up my two CTMH orders. Yay! And I find this event lets me be WAY more productive than an Archiver's crop (because at Archiver's, I wander around and buy EVEN MORE craft supplies that I do not need/will not use/still like because they are shiny and new).

I took along some page calls/blog challenges, but I did a bad job packing this month. (I did a much better job packing things to use last month. I wasn't as happy with my choices this month. Live and learn, though.) One thing I did want to work on was the Sugar Bowl sketch for the month. Colored my image... but realized that I had not brought anything to cut it out with (the rep offers her big shot, which would have been great if I had PACKED MY NESTIES). Well, fine, I can still put some stickles on and cut it when I get back h-- OMG, where are my stickles? I didn't pack them?! HOW DID I FORGET MY STICKLES?!?!? Told you I did a bad job packing.

And so, I went to Archiver's for new stickles. (Those stickles cost me $13, once you add in the new stamps I also bought. But I had a coupon!!)

Where was I? Oh, sorry. My poor Sugar Bowl card that I couldn't finish. Well, I cut my paper and cardstock and matted that, and got an idea of how to finish the card, and put the supplies together for finishing at home. And lo and behold, I actually DID come home and unpack ALL my crap, AND finish my card. And here it is.

Photobucket

Poppy Fields Gorjuss Girl, paper from Memory Box, cardstock from CTMH, a Prima (recollections at Michael's) flower, American Crafts lace, Papertrey Ink ribbon and ink on the edges, a 7Gypsies sentiment sticker, Basic Grey Pearls, deckled edge large oval from Nestabilities, DIAMOND STICKLES, and tiny Tim Holtz staples. (That tiny attacher tool is freakin' awesome. You wouldn't think it would be, it's just a stapler, but it's so awesome, staples like a dream, and has the cutest little staples. Worth the $8 I paid, for sure.)

Here's the challenge thread for a closer look, or just check out the sketch here.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh that image is adorable - and love your coloring of her. Pops off the card with the beautiful soft background paper. And um, lemme guess - you LOVE stickles, lol!

Anne B said...

Super cute image and I love the sentiiment too. Wish I was brave enough to take on some colouring :)