With the new year comes a clean slate along with many resolutions. This month's blog hop challenge involves you challenging yourself to use a Papertrey stamp set that has yet to see ink or even one that might be collecting a little dust! Go through your stash and see what little used treasure it might hold. ... 2011 is the year where what's old is new again!
I recently picked up Piece of Cake, second-hand. (So, technically, it's seen ink, just not any of MY ink. Hee hee!) This set was released in October 2007. I was not a PTI customer at the time.
Recently, and I forget what I was looking for when I found this, I came across this card that Nichole had made and really loved it. I think I just liked it because it looks so cheerful, because I know enough about my crafting skills to know there's no way I'm pulling off that transparency card. But I knew I could not justify $24 for the set for that ONE stamp (okay, two stamps-- the flowers stamp separately) I liked, so I'm glad I could get it used. (THANKS, ROSE.)
Here's what I made.

I had it in my head that I wanted hawaiian shores flowers to go on a white cake. They're great, aren't they? Fresh snow ink is awesome. And I disassembled a part of a gem flourish for all the different sizes of flower centers. (They're PERFECT.) Plus some stickles for the tiniest flowers (I was going to use gems but they were a little overwhelming, and I like the glitteriness.) The double ended banner die is great for sentiments (sorry, I took that from a hero arts set; the Piece of Cake sentiments wouldn't fit), I've got some prima background paper there, and some fun American Crafts foil paper (a birthday present from my sister).
Now, if only I can convince someone to use hawaiian shores as their wedding color...
19 comments:
I love Hawaiian shores too and this turned out great. Like your idea of disassembling things to create your own elements :)
Hawaiian Shores is one of my favorites too! The wedding cake is beautiful and the little gems are a perfect touch. Even better that you got the set for a discount!
Oh this looks fab in Hawaiian Shores! This is one older set that keeps me wishing that I had!!
Beautiful card in these gorgeous colors, Emily!
O my this is so elegant and beautiful. I have this set, thanks for the inspiration
Your cake is GORGEOUS, and I love the softness of this card!
What a beauty !!THe colours are phenomen, and love the sparkle !! Glad the set is getting inky!!
Love your cake!! So pretty!
Very pretty card - the foil paper really make this glamorous!!
Beautiful- I love this is Hawaiian Shores!
Beautiful card! I love the colors, teeny flowers, background and shiny (looks metallic?) blue matting of your image.
So pretty! I always liked that set but never could justify buying it..
Did I mention how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card?? OMG! GORGEOUS! (I'm already married but am seriuosly considering dropping Ken (getting my 72.4%) and remarrying so I can cash in on this SWEET card.) ;)
Awesome from start to finish. The colors are fab, the inking is flawless and the gems MAKE the card. HOMERUN!
So, so absolutely gorgeous! The cake, the flowers, the Hawaiian Shores cs! Perfect wedding card!
Beautiful card! I love the cake with Hawaiian Shores flowers.
Very pretty!
This is so pretty and elegant! Love the cake and little flowers!
Chris L.
What a pretty card. I love the colors and the delicate flowers on the cake.
This is SO seriously beautiful!! I love the design! Thanks for the inspiration!
Post a Comment