I did not always like clear stamps. Turns out not all clear stamps are the same. One of the companies whose clear stamps I really like is Flourishes. They have a weekly challenge on their blog. This week's challenge is to use embossing, so I got out my woodgrain embossing template (shh, from Papertrey Ink). I've used the Gerber Daisies stamp set and colored the image with copics. I think next time I'd position the daisy cutout a little different but, well, I use permanent adhesive. Thanks for coming in to take a look!
Edit, 6/21: Sue Ann asked: "I always love the products from Flourishes ..... i am guessing from this post that their stamps are good quality ??"
Answer: I think so. The first clear stamps I ever had were really smooshy and didn't give me a crisp image. Flourishes stamps feel firmer to me, almost the way a rubber stamp feels when you use it. If I paid attention, I would be able to explain the difference in clear polymers that I think yields this difference. I read it somewhere, but basically the better the polymer, the less smooshy the stamp. (Yes, smooshy is a word. I just used it in three sentences.) Flourishes is one company whose sets I think are really nice to work with and whose stamps make up the bulk of my clear stamp collection. There are, of course, others that we will talk about someday. And, of course, your results may vary.

Ribbon and patterned paper are from Papertrey Ink; gems are from Bazzill; stickles (glitter) from Ranger.
6 comments:
Emily this is beautiful. I always love the products from Flourishes ..... i am guessing from this post that their stamps are good quality ??
Great card Emily! Love the woodgrain pattern embossed here. The sparkle on the daisies is great too. So glad you started a blog.
So nice to see you blogging. I LOVE your work!!!
dang that permanent adhesive...if only they had a semi permanent indecisive scrapper/card maker adhesive...you know the kind that sticks when you want it to and magically unsticks when you want it to. Love the card...the wood grain is a great touch.
Great job! I really like the woodgrain impression plate!
Emily--love the card and so glad I found your blog. I am smiling amd giggling all the way through your posts! Keep it up!
Post a Comment